Departmant of Computer Technology and Programing
Adress: Vocational School of Computer Technology and Office Manegement
Department of Computer Technology and Programming 06533 Bilkent, Ankara - Turkey
Phone : (90) (312) 2905125 Fax : : (90)(312) 2664610
e-mail : email@example.com
Ph.D. Educational Sciences, Middle East Technical University, 1991.
M.Sc. Science Education, Middle East Technical University, 1986.
B.Sc. Mathematics Education, Middle East Technical University, 1982.
Computer Aided Education, Mathematics Education, Prog ramming Languages, Mathematical
Mathematics I (CTP 127)
Course Code and Optic Code
Asst. Prof. Dr. Hülya Yavuz
Office: ROOM #C117
Elements of logic, set theory and operations on sets; Demorgan's rules,
finite and infinite. Relations and functions. Logic circuits. Induction
and recursion, pigeonhole principle. Percentages. Number theory; primes,
factorization, divisibility. Definitions, operations and properties of
Credit: 4 credits
Lecture Hours: 4 hours in a week
- To understand the operations on sets and their properties
- To apply the operations and principles on sets in solving problems.
- To understand relations, their properties, equivalence and order relation.
- To understand basic notions of function, specially types of function
and their properties
- to use relation, function and their properties in solving problems
- To understand the fundamental concepts of logic
- To understand the principles of mathematical induction, recursion
and pegionhole algebra
- To understand the usage of different number systems
- To understand the use of switching circuits and Boolean Algebra
- To obtain Karnaugh maps from logical function and vise versa
- There will be two midterms (each 25%)
- There will be two quizzes (each 5%)
- A final (40%)
- Attendance is obligatory
- Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics, R. P. Grimaldi, Addison Wesley
- Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science J. L. Mott, A. Kandel &
T. P. Baker, Prentice-Hall Englewood Criffs
- Discrete Mathematics, Richard Johnsonbaugh, Macmillan Publishing Co.
- Discrete Mathematics, Melvin Hausner, Saunder Collage Publishing.
- Discrete Mathematical Structures for Computer Science, Bernard Kolman,
Robert C. Busby, Prentice-Hall Int.
- A First Course in Discrete Mathematics, J. Molluzzo, F. Buckley, PWS
|Midterm I I